Friday, September 2, 2022

9/2 First block day of the year

 EQs: What is "Fish Stick Knife Gun" about? How do I take my ideas and turn them into a rough draft?


Agenda

Independent reading

"Fish Stick Knife Gun"

Memoir rough drafts


Hi students,

Sorry I cannot be with you all today, especially on the first block day. Please be on your best REVWAY behavior for Ms. Anderson. Here is what I would like you to work on today:

1. Independent Reading. If you remembered to bring a book you will receive participation points for the day. 

If you forgot a book, you can borrow one from my shelf (please give it back!) or check out an eBook. 

You will read for approximately 25 minutes. After the 25 minutes, please tell me about your book by completing the Reading Progress Update Form

2. "Fist Stick Knife Gun". I have another memoir I'd like you to read; it's a good one. Read and answer the questions on the attached doc. Find the assignment on Google Classroom. This is due today. 

3. Memoir Rough Draft. Your rough draft is also due today. Many of you made great progress on Wednesday. Try to get as close to 500 words as you can, and also make sure that your drafts have definitive beginnings, middles, and endings. Turn this in on Google Classroom. 

Remember, the draft is all about getting your ideas down and a basic structure down. Next week I will go through writing lessons to help you make your rough drafts even better. 

If you do not have a draft you will not be able to participate in most of next week's lessons until you do. 

I hope you all have a restful 3-day weekend, and stay cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

11/7 Reading Lab Day 1

Slides Here's what we did in class today: Worked on Edpuzzles for chapters 8 & 9 at your own pace.  Completed your own CLEAN paragra...